JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTANT ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNT MANAGER
• Preparation of weekly/monthly financial and management reports to business owners.
• Monthly review of postings made to the accounting system to ensure the timely and accurate posting of all transactions.
• Responsible for maintaining a proper filing system to ensure the storage and safe-guarding of accounting records and information.
• Monthly stock valuation.
• Responsible for ensuring the integrity of all financial records and data.
• Reconciliation of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Maintenance of all items posted unto the accounting system (vendors, supplier invoices, cash receipts and payments).
• Ensure that the fixed asset register is updated as and when required.
• Reconciliation of all balance sheet items such as stocks, debtors, creditors and long-term liabilities.
• Preparation of monthly financial statements – P&L Account, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statements.
• Provide external auditors with financial information required for annual audit.
• Ensure that payments are made to vendors in line with the company’s policy & internal control standards.
• Ensure payments owed to vendors are uploaded to the payment portal as and when due.
• Ensure the verification and reconciliation of all sales (cash, card and bank transfers) into the company’s accounts.
• Ensure that weekly bank reconciliation is carried out for all company accounts.
• Accounts receivable management – chasing up on debtors to ensure that all debts are settled in line with the company’s credit terms.
• Cash flow management.
• Liaise with the HR dept to ensure accuracy & timeliness of salary payments.
• Liaise with tax officials on all tax related matters including PAYE, VAT, WHT and CIT.
• Computation & remittance of tax liabilities and pensions to respective authorities.
• Supervision, training and development of the Accounts officers/assistants.
• Ensure the smooth running of all functions that pertain to the accounts department.
• Act as gate-keeper for the Business owners on all financial related matters.