- Examine financial statements to ensure that they are accurate and comply with laws and regulations.
- Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns, and ensure that taxes are paid properly and on time.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency and use of accepted accounting procedures.
- Organize and maintain financial records.
- Assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations to management.
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues, and improve profits.