Our client, a leading haulage company located in Calabar is looking to engage an account officer to join our team. The ideal candidate would be responsible for tracking and handling our receivables across locations.
Key Functions of the role:
- Manage the entire depot impress accounts including request for reimbursement, disbursement and recording of transactions;
- Manage all trade payable invoices for payment to vendors on due dates;
- Carry out pre-audits of all vouchers, invoices and financial request to ensure accuracy and appropriateness prior to obtaining final approval, payment and disbursement of cheques.
- Assists with providing support and documentation on internal processes;
- Prepare and participate in budget development and forecast preparation, monitor Depot budgets and review variance between actual and budget and report to the HOF;
- Prepare for and participate in annual statutory audit exercise of the company;
- Set up and maintain fixed assets register, comply with laid down process and procedures and maintain a proper fixed asset register for the entire terminal.
- Prepare and present a daily, weekly and monthly financial reports to the Head of Finance as may be requested;
- Carry out other assignments as may be required from time to time by Head of Finance;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA) REQUIRED
- Good working knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles; practices, accounts payable and receivable management, financial management and financial reporting;
- Proven working experience as a Head of Finance;
- Experience in preparing accurate and thorough Financial Reports and related schedule in line with established deadlines;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Effective oral and written communications, interpersonal and planning skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point and Financial Application;
- Good organizational skill and ability to manage documentations and make past and future documentations accessible;
- Strong management skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, processes and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- First degree in Accounting or related fields from a reputable university/polytechnic.
- Additional qualification will be added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in financial accounting
- High degree of accuracy
- Willingness to work weekends and overtime
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.