- We are seeking to hire an experienced accountant to perform and maintain accounting duties within our organization in our school at Kuje, Abuja.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the preparation of the overall financial operations of the organisation.
- Recommend changes to implement and update financial policies and procedures
- Prepare and reconcile financial statements
- Establish and maintain vendor accounts
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Document income and expenditure
- Prepare the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Manage the annual audit process with auditors
- Maintain financial files and record
- Analyze expenses and present findings every month to the management and board
- Present financial statements for the annual report.
- Filing monthly PAYE and annual Tax returns
- Other Finance-related roles.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree with 2 – 5 years relevant work experience.
- Good understanding of NGO accounting, Knowledge of managing School accounting will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, Dropbox, Google Docs)
- Proficiency in accounting applications (Quickbooks and others)
- Ability to multi-task, respond rapidly and work without supervision.
- Have a sense of detail, positivity and team spirit.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.