Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) is a non-profit rights-basedorganization committed to ending sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in North-eastern Nigeria and assisting victims of SGBV in accessing services, maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. GRA provides evidence-based grassroots interventions towards promoting social accountability, community-based prevention and response to ending SGBV and violence against girls and women (VAWG).
GRA is an implementing partner of UN Women on a 2-year project funded under the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) and EU-UN Spotlight Initiative on Ending Violence against Women and Girls (Spotlight Initiative) in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno State. For more information, visit: www.grassrootresearchers.org.
The Administrative Manager is responsible for providing administrative, operational, and logistical support to GRA’s head office and coordinating administrative efforts for field technical activities including general office administration, human resources, legal and statutory compliance, health and safety, procurement and staff capacity building in line with GRA policies and procedures. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring that office administrative operations are functioning efficiently and effectively and are aligned to support attainment of GRA’s goals. The incumbent will ensure administrative and HR supports are conducted according to GRA’s policy, standard operating procedures, and good business practices, and that tasks are completed with a high level of quality and integrity.
- Oversee and advice on the day-to-day running of GRA’s head and regional offices;
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operations of GRA’s head and regional offices;
- Assist with planning and preparation of invitations to workshops, meetings and training participants in accordance with the GRA procedures;
- Conduct the Anti-Terrorism Clearance Verification Process for events’ participants, venues and related service providers;
- Ensure the availability of materials, stationery, printed materials, branded materials, name tags, registration sheets, all arranged and packaged for training activities;
- Assist with arranging and planning of internal events and conferences/events;
- Ensure the office has adequate stock of equipment/office supplies, water, etc;
- Perform regular inspection of plumbing, drainage, sewerage, electrical fittings and other installations to ensure that they are in proper order or report to supervisor as necessary;
- Make logistic arrangement including flights reservations, hotel and vehicle arrangement for GRA’s staff, partners and consultants;
- Design systems to ensure effective use of office resources including furniture, IT equipment, software and monitor accordingly;
- Closely work with Executive Director and senior management on property leases and other contracts and agreement ensuring it complies with national laws;
- Take responsibility for health and safety issues and ensure that all staff remain aware of current health and safety issues and procedures;
- Carry out other administration functions as directed by the Supervisor.
- Human Resources:
- Develop and implement GRA’s HR related policies and procedures that align with GRA’s priorities and demands in compliance with the Nigeria Labour Law;
- Manage recruitment and selection processes; identify recruitment needs and advise management on best recruitment approaches; conduct interviews; cross-check candidate’s documents; prepare staff work contracts; do orientation to HR operations; and handle staff exit and hand over;
- Design and implement appropriate performance evaluation systems, manage and advice on their implementation, analyse results for staff improvement and training purposes;
- Ensure that HR management in field offices is properly done;
- Support line managers in change of management on team building and addressing GRA’s challenges, and identify key HR issues for management’s attention;
- Train staff in HR related policies and guidelines;
- Ensure that HR related contracts (insurances, health services) are accurate and renewed;
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management; personnel files, payroll and leave records are updated and in order, and share any personnel changes with the Finance Officer / Manager;
- Handle and oversee disciplinary and grievance issues, employee and labour relations, and time and attendance management.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed by the Supervisor.
- Stores Maintenance/Management:
- Maintains the flow of materials and supplies to the consumables stores using bin cards;
- Receive procured items into the consumable stores, record, manage and issue out requests to staff;
- Ensure regular stock count and balance indication on bin cards;
- Provide regular status reports and timely replenishment requests;
- Take custody and arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, displays and other meeting needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree (minimum), or a Master’s degree (desirable), in Business Administration or in Public Administration, Social Sciences, or similar field.
- At least 5 years of experience in HR and administrative tasks, of which at least 3 years are with an NGO setting.
- Strong ICT skills especially Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to prioritize demanding workload and work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to deal with pressure and work quickly.
- Good communication, diplomacy and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to listen and share decisions and to take effective decisions.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should submit their applications addressed to the Executive Director, Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications MUST indicate the position title and reference number as the subject line. Any applicant that did not quote the reference number correctly would be disqualified.
- All applications must include 1-page Cover Letter and CV (4 pages maximum).
- Applications must be sent as a single PDF or MS Word attachment not later than 30th November, 2020 by 12:00pm (WAT).
- Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- GRA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
- GRA is an accountability-driven organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity/gender, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for GRA jobs.
- GRA does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc.). GRA does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.