he After-Sales Manager is in charge of steering and developing activities related to maintenance and repair contracts, in collaboration with the sales department.
The role is to maximise the availability of the Volvo and Sennebogen machine fleet.
- Drawing up the annual budget,
- Analyze monthly results and key business indicators and implement the necessary action plans,
- Communicate regularly on results and action plans with his team and management
Commercial management :
- To get involved in customer contacts, to analyse markets, to look for new outlets,
- Preparing relevant service offers according to customer needs, implementing promotional actions, responding to calls for tenders.
- Lead your team in a spirit of continuous progress (quality, deadlines, costs, productivity, safety and working conditions), set objectives, pass on your knowledge,
- Establish the schedule and distribute the workload,
- Recruiting, developing skills, conducting annual appraisal interviews,
- Arrange the reception and customer reception area of the workshop,
- Manage relations with insurance experts
- Adapt the organization according to the volume of activity and the objectives Quality of service,
- To manage the optimization of the workshop load between teams and/or between sites,
- Organize the workshop work areas,
- Organize and control workshop flows (customers, repair orders,…),
- Pilot the work in progress (repair orders, warranty, …),
- Ensure the maintenance of the machines in accordance with the standards prescribed by the manufacturer and the customer’s contract,
- Have reliable and accurate diagnostics carried out for failed machines,
- Plan the repairs needed to restore broken machines to working order,
- Contact the technical platform at SMT headquarters for any technical problem that cannot be solved locally and ensure that the information is traced back to the relevant agent(s).
Parts stock management
- Ensuring the availability of on-site parts necessary for the maintenance and repair of stopped machines,
- To steer the purchases made in his department, and to manage the relationship with the suppliers concerned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in heavy vehicle maintenance in a mining and/or construction equipment environment.
- Technical education (electro-mechanical engineer) or equivalent by experience
- Language skills : English and French required
Technical and/or specific knowledge / skills
- Technical knowledge of construction equipment, preferably Volvo, Sennebogen, Caterpillar, Komatsu or other premium brands.
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools: Techtool, Impact, Vodia
- Technical knowledge of trucks
- Team management skills
- Knowledge of Africa or the mining and construction sectors
Behavioural and/or relational skills
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- Team motivation and development
- Solution and results oriented
- Perseverant and dynamics
- Enjoy working in a challenging environment
Method of Application: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=1844613961&geoId=104471338&location=Gabon