- he Agronomist will be responsible to provide ongoing agronomic expertise and support to PAD’s operations in Nigeria. The Agronomist will report to the Nigeria Research and Operations Manager and will work with the relevant Program Leads and project team members.
- The position will be located in Abuja, Nigeria and will temporarily be a work-from-home position due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. When it is safe to do so, this position will be based from PAD’s office in Abuja, Nigeria and will require frequent travel to field locations in Nigeria. PAD is a start-up organization and will require flexibility from all staff with regards to roles and responsibilities.
The Agronomist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work closely with PAD team members and our partner organizations to execute project implementation;
- Provide overall agronomy expertise and information to the team in Nigeria;
- Gather and compile scientific evidence on key agriculture topics to better inform the design of mobile phone-based agricultural advisory services in Nigeria;
- Collect and maintain an extensive database of all major crops in Nigeria, and map out season-wise and territory-wise crop prospects;
- Support current projects that PAD undertakes in content development, simplification, and customization with regard to major agronomic practices, pest and disease management, post-harvest management, etc;