Application Support Engineer – ASE223
- Assist in developing maintenance plans per application and carry out the maintenance of applications, re-configuring, building, and testing components in accordance with OLAs and SLAs.
- Code applications in accordance with good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of the most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Create and execute/coordinate technical test plans for application change, new deployment, and upgrades.
- Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the testers.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Continuous monitoring of Service Performance to ensure maximum service availability.
- Effective management of changes to minimize service disruption and maximize service availability and quality.
- Effectively work with other dependent teams such as Vendors, Service Management, Security team, Delivery and Engineering team, and other Operations teams.
- Provide information timely for Audits and Security requests and ensure any gaps raised are closed.
- Effective access controls to supported systems.
- Broad knowledge of the business processes within the Telecommunications sector.
- Specialized knowledge of IT support procedures, application construction, hardware technologies, systems integration, and development techniques.
- ITIL standards.
- Automate application interfaces and manual activities.
- Explore scheduling techniques and tools to overcome application dependencies.