Delon Jobs is helping a leading property development company to hire an Asset Investment Manager in Lagos. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing real estate assets, monitoring and conducting due diligence on potential new investments. Salary range is 7m to 12m naira per annum.
Please read additional requirements below before applying. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and ensure you make your email subject ‘Asset Investment Manager’
In addition to the job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and oversight of asset management activities of the company, particularly its REIT
- Identifies and oversees strategic sales of the Company’s assets for best returns
- Designs investment criteria of new project opportunities
- Conducts investment appraisal/analysis of new and ongoing projects
- Analyses key project and/or company performance ratios
- Leads JV negotiations and structures favorable partnership terms in line with the Company’s strategic goals
- Oversees other special projects such as acquisition transactions, investor roadshows etc.
- Manages cash flow and physical assets such as property and real estate
- Assesses and manages risks associated with new and current assets
- Works to maximize returns and minimize losses on assets and investments
- Extensively conducts research on relevant markets (real estates) to determine investment options
- Stays abreast of market trends and patterns and chose investments accordingly
- Analyzes and evaluates portfolio progress and enacts necessary changes
- Gives investment recommendations, prepare reports and gain approval from the Senior Management Team for implementation
- Negotiates leases and property renewal contracts with property managers, contractors, brokers, attorneys etc.
- Collaborates with company analysts to accurately evaluate client assets
- Monitors and manages assets from acquisition to disposition
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Minimum of 2.2).
- MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Significant investment experience or designation as a CFA or CPA may suffice in lieu of an MBA.
- 5yrs+ experience in investment management, capital markets or other relevant experience required with at least 3yrs of investment experience at a real estate private equity or investment firm strongly preferred.
- Meaningful experience with investment due diligence and relationship management and demonstrated knowledge of 2 or more real estate asset classes is required.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizing skills
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in oral and written form
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Excellent presentation skills; and comfort interacting with executive-level management
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Passion to learn and grow within the organization