Business Analyst – BA221
- Full time
- 1 year ago
- Information Technology
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Business and system analysis expertise.
- Strong practical understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Think critically and innovatively.
- Process-improving abilities.
- Adequate information and knowledge management knowledge.
- Entrepreneurship, initiative, and ownership.
- Personality traits.
- Both written and spoken communication.
- Understand the business problems / needs from business executives, product managers, operations managers and business users.
- Analyses and documents detailed business requirements including data and non-functional requirements.
- Document functional requirements utilizing various techniques including user stories, use cases, data flow diagrams, swim lanes diagrams, workflow diagrams, screen mock-ups, etc.
- Obtain sign-off against the business requirements.
- Communicate business requirements to development and quality assurance staff.
- Ensures traceability between business and functional requirements.
- Validate system design against requirements.
- Review and validates test cases produced by the quality assurance staff.
- Understand technology solutions to business problems and communicate the solutions back to the business.
- Conduct gap analysis and downstream impact exercises for system changes.
- Services as a first point of contact for development staff to understand requirements specifically during the implementation / coding phase.