- This role provides governance & management of the relevant Business Support Systems (BSS) covering all environments; Production, Test and Disaster Recovery to ensure adequate maintenance, operation and improvement of the entire BSS components and related software stack to achieve the required quality of service and service levels.
- The role manages all BSS including the CRM, Provisioning, Middleware, Mediation, Mobile Number Portability and related systems. However, the Convergent Billing System (CBS) is excluded from the scope.
- Participate and contribute to the development and maintenance of the IT Strategy and IT Operating model
- Define and enforce BSS related processes and procedures
- Provide input on BSS Operations to other relevant IT processes and procedures
- Provides advisory services to IT Senior Management on BSS and operations
- Support BSS architecture design and optimization and BSS integration with Operations Support Systems (OSS) and the CBS
- Support project planning and execution within the BSS domain
- Drive continual enhancements and improvements to the BSS and processes for business benefits
- Guide IT to optimal value creation using trending, analysis and benchmarking capabilities
- Drive for the attainment of agreed service levels for the BSS Operations and related KPIs
- Liaise with revenue management in ensuring business revenue is secure with appropriate interventions where there are business exposures
- Support Performance Management unit in contract management, vendor management & Service Level Management related to BSS services
- Provide oversight function for the BSS operations and support
- Manage the monitoring of BSS related application services for availability, performance in line with agreed Service Levels, overall health check of underlying system processes, capacity in line with licensing and business requirements, batch jobs monitoring/management.
- Manage trend analysis, root cause analysis, known error establishment, and creation of Change Requests, Incidents and Problem tracking and escalation, resolution and closure, user administration, License Management & Administration and service reporting for BSS.
- Drive regular health check service to provides comprehensive BSS application status information to aid the identification of potential issues and bottlenecks and forestall any events that may affect the availability, performance, and security of the application
- Manage the analysis and diagnosis of the resource utilization trends and problems associated with the application processes and tuning the BSS application environment, collaborating with IT Performance & Capacity Management functions to achieve and/or maintain the agreed Service Levels
- Ensure proper documentation of the BSS operating environments and storage into the knowledge management system for purposes of knowledge management and business continuity
- Manage the inquiry and request handling service in fulfilling standard and ad-hoc service requests related to the BSS
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop and periodically update a standard recovery procedure for the operation to follow when a disaster occurs.
- Ensure the adequacy of the available Disaster Recovery (DR) infrastructure of the BSS to either maintain operation functions at an interim minimal survival level and/or re-establish full-scale operations at a state of normal operation level if possible
- Support the periodic disaster recovery drills for services involving the BSS as planned and executed by the IT Business Continuity team
- Ensure all system and non-system processes required to guarantee a successful transfer of services between primary and DR sites are operational and working as planned
- Implement a system to validate the integrity of replication and all DR processes/services between the primary and DR sites and provide periodic reports to IT Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Sciences from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Strong customer-centricity is required.
- 6 to 8 years of combined experience work experience in BSS operations with the role no less than half of those in an IT/Telecoms environment is strongly required.
- At least 3-year experience in a managerial role.
- Experience with IT financial management, resource planning, task prioritization, budget/cost control. Strong ability to process data and extract actionable insights
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, IT sourcing, vendor management and the mobile telecommunications industry; possess a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions.
- Experience in working/negotiating through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Good and demonstrable knowledge of& experience in IT Service Management in general and IT Operations specifically is required.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), good team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills and the ability to drive performance, the consensus from all areas within the company.