- Responsible for creating recipes, menus, preparing ingredients, producing meals that taste amazing and garnishes that make the food look attractive.
- Monitor and supervise the preparation and administration of meals from the kitchen by the kitchen staff.
- The Chef/Cook will make adjustments to the recipes as needed.
- Follow the created recipes to ensure consistency as well as lead the kitchen staff, and oversee the activities of the Kitchen & Pastry Assistants.
- Establish menu items and create the recipes.
- Ensure ingredients and final products purchased are fresh.
- Ensure the raw materials and ingredients received are properly stored in functioning refrigerators and clean storage areas.
- Supervise kitchen staff to make sure meals are prepared in a timely manner in preparation for the day’s service.
- Bake, steam and, boil meats, poultry, fish, vegetables, pastries, and other foods as needed per production schedule.
- Oversee the distribution of meals assigned for the days service.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, including handling utensils, equipment’s and dishes.
- Maintain excellent food safety and sanitation standards.
- Preparation of food/orders for events.
- Candidate MUST be able to handle cooking delicious meals in large quantity, daily (500 and above).
- Candidate MUST be familiar with Food Safety guidelines.
- Candidate MUST be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Fast working knowledge of preparing delicious African dishes and more. Good knowledge of preparing and baking pastries.
- Keen attention to detail. In-depth knowledge in sanitation principles, food preparation and nutrition.
- Understanding of Inventory Management.
- Leadership skills.