- The Chief Security Officer is responsible for the safety of life and property at the Jetty as directed the management.
- Builds a comprehensive information security management program that ensures effective information security practices and safety of company property.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the department.
- Evaluates security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Manages security incidents and events involving company property and environment
- Ensure that business operations continuity, risk management and access controls needs of the facility are addressed.
- Ensures the organization security operatives complies with the administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Collaborates with organization management, line managers, and Corporate Compliance officer to establish governance for the security program.
- Serves in operational meetings for security compliance.
- Establishes and administers a process for investigating and acting on security incidents resulting in operational breaches.
- Partners with Admin Officer to ensure consistent sanctions for security violations
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state security laws, licensing and certification requirements and accreditation standards.
- Serves as a security consultant to management at the Jetty.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
- The candidate MUST residence within Apapa – Lagos state
- B.Sc / HND degree or any relevant field of study.
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal information security laws and all other applicable regulations.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Recommended Security certification in related security professional.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Good verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A high level of integrity and trust.