DelonJobs is seeking to hire a Chief Technology Officer for a leading energy solutions company in Africa who will work closely with the C-suite to plan and execute an ambitious product road map. The individual will manage the day-to-day operations of a growing engineering team in a multi-product fast paced enterprise tech business, balancing resources to meet product development requirements and implementing best practices to drive a culture of quality and excellence. He/She should be motivated by the challenges, excitement and rewards that come with growing a technology company. Salary is between $10,000 – $15,000 monthly. Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with minimum of 10-15 years experience in similar role. If you consider yourself a match and are interested in this role, kindly send your CV with the job title and code (Chief Technology Officer – CTOOD211) as subject to email@example.com
- Collaborate with the Chief Product Officer and other company leaders to formulate and update from time to time an integrated technology roadmap for the business.
- Translate technical road map into specific targets for each engineering team, balancing priorities and resources, align teams behind goals and deadlines to deliver on time.
- Plan and execute development work, organising in-house and outsourced resources as most appropriate.
- Keep abreast and evaluate technical tools available in the market to explore opportunities for lean development.
- Provide company leadership with realistic assessments of the time, costs and resources needed to meet project goals, providing transparency and updated forecasts on a regular basis.
- Developing relevant processes to ensure smoother overall delivery of targets and goals and also for handling external/ internal escalations.
- Manage and grow the engineering and quality assurance teams, building, maintaining and leading a culture of respect, high quality standards, and collaboration.
- Lead the technical team in building, deploying, and maintaining products through an efficient program and timetable of releases.
- Coach technology team members to level up.
- Implement and enforce best practices across the engineering and QA organizations, which will enable higher productivity and quality standards.