– Manage press clippings internal / external communications and other broadcasts relating to UNFPA and share them within the office and with the regional office and headquarters of UNFPA.
– Develop and use communication tools and media to promote the visibility of UNFPA and the program by favoring the use of innovative information and communication technologies.
– Adapt and disseminate HQ and Regional Office advocacy documents to identified target audiences, organizing translations into local language (s), if necessary. Help identify and coordinate documentation of stories, good practices, lessons learned and other innovative materials to facilitate advocacy activities.
– Advise the Resident Representative and the country program team on the effective use of mass communication tools, including press sessions and conferences, media interviews to achieve country program objectives.
– Represent UNFPA in the UN Joint Communications Group and contribute to the development of the United Nations common communications strategy and its implementation; identify new and creative ways to show how UNS programs deliver results and promote the cohesive image of the UN.
– Develop the partnership between the media and UNFPA to ensure the proper treatment and dissemination of population issues in the press, including opportunities for strategic partnerships and capacity building.