- Analyze budgets and create expense reports
- Examine tax policies and handle tax payments and returns
- Meet with clients to discuss confidential accounting issues
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities and expenses)
- Reconcile bank statements
- Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct month-end and year-end closures
- Prepare documents for audits
- Advise clients on financial issues
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Ensure timely, accurate consistent recording of all activities of the company in the books of accounts.
- Analyze revenues, costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budge
- Prepare and provide financial and management accounting reports and interpret financial information to management while recommending further courses of action.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files
- t. Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual results.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax consultant and company secretary for prompt audit, resolution and filing of annual returns.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives
- BA/BSc in Economics, Finance Accounting Engineering and or Mathematics., MSc is a plus
- Professional qualification such as ACCA/ACA/CFA/CPA is a must.
- Minimum of 2-4years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates currently in similar roles within the financial services sector.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; very good with spreadsheets
- Good math skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Able to work with and support cross-functional teams