Reportingdirectly to the Consultant State Field Officers for Plateau, Kaduna and Kogi,and to the ARDA-CIPP Programs Team in Lagos, managed by the Program Manager, theConsultant State Field Assistants/Radio Program Monitors willsupport the work of the Field Officer in their respective states, related tothe radio program.
The Consultant State Field Assistants will haveresponsibilities including the following:
· · · Provideregular pictorial, video or sound updates from the radio program broadcastswithin the state.
- Provide feedback on radio programs for quality improvement.
- Prepare expert guests for their appearance on the radio program ensuring they have program outlines and talking points and are sensitized to Do No Harm and media sensitivity before they go on air.
- Troubleshoot problems at the radio station and ensure programs go smoothly.
- Support the Consultant Field Officer in implementing community activities and reporting, as required.
- Strong communication (writing, listening and speaking) skills with the confidence to engage with media, experts, and community members.
- Experience working or volunteering in development or social sector especially in the areas of community engagement, development, advocacy, or research, is preferred.
- Ability to communicate well in both Hausa and English (writing, speaking and reading) is mandatory for Consultant Field Assistants in Plateau and Kaduna. Strong English writing, reading and speaking skills are required for Kogi State. Additional knowledge of any other local languages in the project states is highly beneficial.
- Must be organized and able to work to meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to commit a minimum of 6-8 hours per week to attend the radio program broadcast and do the requisite reporting and preparations for the program.
- Must be willing to support the activities of the Consultant Field Officer as required, which may include travel or additional reporting.
- Knowledge of contemporary culture in the state including popular social media platforms and influencers, having a wide social network, and ability to gather stories from the community is an added advantage.
Level of Effort
This Consultant State Field Assistants/Radio ProgramMonitors will be expected to commit about one day per week to preparing guests,attending the radio program and reporting. Additional time commitments mayoccasionally be required to support activities of the Consultant Field Officersin implementing ARDA’s CIPP activities. This consultancy is not exclusive andconsultants are allowed to take on other work as long as it does not interferewith the delivery of tasks stated within this scope orcontravene the ARDA Code of Conduct that will be provided to you, which allconsultants are required to adhere to. The consultancy will be renewableupon review on an annual basis and a fixed consultancy fee will be paid on amonthly basis.
To apply send a CV and a Cover Letter detailing yoursuitability for the role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with thesubject “ (State of Application) Consultant Field Assistant” , e.g. Plateau State Consultant Field Assistant.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.