Main Accountability and approximate time split
Recoveries and Service =75%
- Lead detailed negotiations with customers, sometimes in conjunction with Relationship Managers, regarding the agreement to, and implementation of, strategy, e.g. Settlement proposals, etc.
- Lead proactive formulation and implementation of strategies on managed exits/recoveries.
- Manage relationships with customers in a manner which, through professional communication of often uncomfortable messages manages customer satisfaction and enhances the banks Brand.
- Manage politically sensitive customers and recover debts from them in a professional manner which leaves a good impression of them about the bank.
- Act as a reference point for Corporate Recoveries and credit teams for discussions on specific cases or where more general input from a BBS & CR “specialist” is required.
- Ensure appropriate recovery is achieved and generally provide pragmatic and effective legal support to general management and business functions on impaired debts of the bank
- Manage the achievement of service levels and quality.
- Prepare and submit necessary returns to the local regulatory authorities and Head Office on impaired debts
- Ensure that the necessary sanctions are obtained from superiors for strategies and expenditure whenever necessary.
- Be the secretary of the local Board’s Loans Review Committee, and also the Provisions Committee and be the custodian of the minute books of the Committees.
- Raise provisions if required.
- Sanction of Case Manager Applications within own discretion.
- Prepare and submit reports to CMC, the local Board, and its sub-committees.
- Monitor the relationships with the bank’s service providers, especially with regards to fees charged by lawyers and service level agreements with them.
- Ensure that all classified corporate files are properly maintained and have up to date file notes.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Prepare summons instructions to external lawyers and manage recovery of debts through the courts, including disposals of debtors’ assets.
- Manage relationships with external service providers such as liquidators, executors, sheriffs, messengers of court, accountants, receivers, judicial managers, valuators etc who provide services to matters in Corporate Recoveries.
Business and Risk Management -20%
- Progress the recovery of debts on classified Corporate accounts and ensure their compliance with local regulatory requirements and the bank’s internal procedures
- creation and updating of CCRS / Credit Applications ensuring mandatory policy and procedures have been adhered to and that technical and security matters are correct
- Develop network of contacts internally and also with local external professionals in order to maximize effectiveness in assisting customers.
- Promote the BBS & CR team to internal audiences (including relationship and credit teams and group companies) and professionals.
- Transfer account responsibility out of team when appropriate, including possibly to a BBS Team
- Responsible for a small section within the Team
- Set objectives, drive performance and provide feedback to ensure targets are met.
- Use management information to monitor and provide feedback to ensure targets are met.
- Identify risk skills gaps, and communicate and meet identified training needs by effective coaching and counseling.
- Provide assistance and advice to team members in formulating strategies regarding the more complicated accounts in their own portfolios