- This candidate will support the Trustees in new business generation, relationship management and expanding the clientele base.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Legal analysis and negotiation of agreements: trust indentures, escrow agreements involving cash, securities certificates, agreements, fee schedules and other related agreements;
- Assessment of the complexity and level of risk for each transaction;
- Closing and administration of corporate debt files and trust account investments; production of monthly reports on interest and principal payments of relevant public offerings for distribution to the lenders, property holders, rating agencies, regulatory authorities;
- Play an active role in marketing our services with a view to securing mandates/appointments;
- Ensure all statutory documents are submitted by the new client;
- Relationship management of clients including multinational businesses and corporate investors, financial institutions, lawyers, beneficiaries, banking clients, and internal and external partners, public offices;
- Draft Trust Deeds/Supplemental Trust Deeds;
- Review documents from Lenders (Banks) and other Counterparties;
- Identify and drive new business prospects in the target market;
- Cultivate a relationship with issuing houses, Financial Consultants, Arrangers and Bondholders;
- Solicit, develop, generate, and manage full-service relationships Corporate clients (Public/Corporate Trust);
- Ensure follow up with Counterparties on delivery of Security documents;
- Ensure proper registration and safekeeping of Security documents in our custody;
- Follow up with Project Monitoring Consultants to ensure Quarterly Reports are received as at when due;
- Review of Quarterly Reports of Project Monitoring Consultants on all Bonds upon submission;
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Security documents on all Bonds and CIS transactions;
- Closure of Registers for all Federal, State & Corporate Bonds in line with the Security documents to avoid regulatory infractions;
- Ensure documentation of evidence of payments to Bondholders;
- Initiate and arrange meetings with Counterparties on a relationship basis;
- Ensure proper filing of all State and Corporate Bonds transactions as well as CIS transactions;
- Attend Investment Committee Meetings of Funds that we act as Trustees;
- Relate with other parties to the Fund such as Custodians and Registrars on a need basis;
- Respond to the unit’s correspondences (letters, emails);
- Provide Trust expertise and professional investment advice using the best services and products available to ensure clients’ financial and non-financial goals are met;
- Regularly recommend amendments to market strategy and plans based on industry leading practice;
- Keep abreast of regulations and policies within the Capital Market;
- All other jobs that may be assigned by the line manager.
Requirements, Skills / Attributes
- Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years in a similar capacity within a financial services/sales environment.
- Strong business development experience and competence
- A first degree in Law (preferably) from a reputable university
- Possession of a professional business qualification or an MBA is desired.
- Good understanding of corporate/public trust services
- Track record in generating sales and relationship management to issuing houses, Financial Consultants, Arrangers, Lenders (Banks) and other Counterparties.
- Well-developed business and relationship management skills and demonstrated ability to cultivate productive business networks.
- Excellent understanding of investment and portfolio management.
- Excellent knowledge of money and capital market operations.
- Excellent entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Integrity and ethics.