- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database.
- Construct data accumulation systems.
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance).
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs).
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department).
- Analyze and report profit margins.
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts.
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing.
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions.
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study.
- 2 – 3 years of work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role preferably from a production company.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with accounting software.
- Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular.
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information.
- N180,000 – N200,000 monthly.