- Data extraction from primary and secondary sources using automated technologies
- cleaning up corrupted data, resolving coding issues, and other relevant issues
- Rearranging data in a usable way through the creation and maintenance of databases and data systems
- Analyzing data to determine its value and quality
- Utilizing statistical methods to find, examine, and decipher patterns and trends in large, complicated data sets that may be useful for diagnosis and forecasting.
- giving important business processes a numerical value so that business performance can be evaluated and compared across time.
- examining trends that affect the firm and the sector on a local, national, and international level.