- Palladium seeks a Data Analyst for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 5 – Sokoto State. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 5 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Sokoto state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward-level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services, and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with the state government are expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 5 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with another Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides ongoing training and technical assistance to HMIS users via email, phone, and webcast, and on-site as appropriate;
- Leads the development and implementation of data quality, management, and analysis plans;
- Provides on-site data quality assessment of LGA, health facilities, and others by assisting with implementation planning, including data entry process improvement;
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting HMIS data;
- Analyzes and troubleshoots HMIS user issues to implement a resolution or escalate the case to Pathways staff;
- Prepares regular and ad-hoc reports, analysis, presentations, charts, graphs, and other documents as assigned;
- Performs data quality checks and monitors for gaps.
- Reports to HMIS Specialist
- The Data Analyst will have some experience and up-to-date knowledge and skills in MIS and M&E for health systems and healthcare providers.
- S/he must be familiar with the HMIS data context at the State level and working with health facilities and LGA for data collection, reporting and use. S/he should have experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Information Technology, Public Health Information Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of working with HMIS for public health
- Experience in using NHMIS Tools and DHIS2
- Competency in MS Word and Excel. Experience using statistical software a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in facilitation of training workshops and onsite mentoring of health workers
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa