DelonJobs is seeking to hire a Data Scientist for a leading financial institution in Nigeria who will be responsible for providing balanced analytical research by turning raw data into valuable insights that helps to drive the company’s actions and strategies, interpreting and analyzing data from multiple sources to come up with imaginative solutions to problems. Interested candidates must possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline as well as practical experiences in Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning (Tensor flow), Statistical Modelling, quantitative Analysis, Forecasting, Data visualization and a minimum of 2-6 years working experience as a data scientist or business data analyst, preferably in the financial services industry. Salary is N4,000,000 – N7,000,000. To apply, kindly send your CV with the subject “Data Scientist – DSAB222” to email@example.com
- Develop programming in R, SAS, SL, or similar analytical development tools.
- Responsible for collaborating with analysts to facilitate the development and application of advanced analytic strategies and tactics.
- Ascertain and apply strategies to identified business problems and existing organizational processes to provide leaders with insightful resources for decision-making and to increase sales, profit, market share, and achieve enterprise goals.
- Establish parameters of ad hoc analyses by setting appropriate timeline and work quality guidelines.
- Assist in the development of the problem definition and hypothesis formulation process as it relates to the specific business environment.
- Conduct analyses, formulate insights, and summarize and synthesize findings for presentation to line of business management.
- Develop timely, innovative, and objective analysis which leads to fact-based solutions for strategic business issues.
- Maintain an understanding of general business trends and requirements for the major area of support and understand the link between analysis and business impact.
- Utilize R, SAS, SL, Tableau, or other analytical development tools with large data sets to design analyses and measure key metrics.
- Support line of business analytical needs with dashboard/report development through Tableau. Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead, Data Science.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Proficient in office automation tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to learn and dedication to service delivery.