Delon Jobs is helping a leading bank in Lagos to hire an experienced Database Administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining all databases required for production, disaster recovery, development and testing usage, performs ongoing tuning of the database instances, plans and implements backup and recovery of databases. Monitor and advise management on licensing issues while ensuring compliance with Oracle license agreements, proactive production database monitoring across database platforms. Minimum of 4 years experience as a Database Administrator.
If your experience matches the requirement and you are interested in the position, kindly send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you make your email subject “Database Administrator”
In addition to job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Required Competencies Knowledge/Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline is required (Minimum of 2.2)
- NYSC Discharge certificate
- Other relevant certificates is a plus.
- Manage SQL Server databases, Oracle, MongoDB and other no SQL instances through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Carry out Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Carry out database backups, restore and recovery.
- Implement and manage High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for databases
- Develop and Optimize SQL Scripts
- Excellent communication skills
- Tech savvy
- Analytical skill
- Problem solving skill