Database Administrator – DA221
- Manage all database objects at business sites, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages, and procedures.
- SANs and storage (including: Make sure that all database storage allocations are managed proactively, and if expansions are required, request them right once and put them into place.
- Performance Reporting/Tuning: Consistently make sure databases are operating at their peak performance levels by routine tuning and monitoring.
- Maintain periodic/regular backups of all databases and make sure they are current. Restoring backups is tested periodically.
- Verify that all firm sites’ databases are replicating and identical as part of the replication and site switching activities. Implement site switching procedures as necessary.
- A projected database’s “conceptual design” is mapped out, and the “physical design” is improved to satisfy system storage requirements.
- keeping up with data standards, such as following data privacy laws.