DelonJobs is seeking to hire a DevOps Engineer for a leading bank in Nigeria (TSE- SDE3 Grade band) who will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. He/She will also be responsible for developing software to integrate with internal back-end systems as well as performing root cause analysis for production errors, investigate and resolve technical issues. Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or any other physical sciences with minimum of 3-5 years cognate experience in SQL, Python or Java. If you consider yourself a match and are interested in this role, kindly send your cv with the job title and code (DevOps Engineer – DOEWB211) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure.
- Planning the team structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities.
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage.
- Encouraging and building automated processes.
- Deploy cybersecurity measures as defined by Information Security Unit and the Architect.
- Incidence management and root cause analysis.
- Coordination and communication within the team.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline.
- Sound understanding customer requirements and project KPIs.
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs.
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer.
- Contributes to and improves the software development process.
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Be involved and participate in the overall software development lifecycle.
- Experienced in configuration and managing databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Some experience in Azure DevOps or similar technology is required
- Some experience in .Net framework and C# programming language and designs.
- Basic understanding of backend technologies for building APIs and backend services and basic understanding of front-end technologies such as HTML5.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Teamwork skills.