Delon Jobs is helping a leading educational consulting company in Nigeria to hire an Educational Consultant in Lagos. Our client is seeking a competent individual to provide academic advice and support to prospective students who want to study abroad. The successful candidate will identify the students’ needs and undertake extensive research to provide support and meet those needs. He or she will provide quality advice to students on how to strengthen their application, navigating the entire admission process as well as accessing scholarships and funding. The candidate will be a detail-oriented person with excellent writing skills and experience in proofreading and editing. This role is for an ambitious, creative, and driven individual who thinks outside the box. In less than 2 years, our customer has secured about $1million in funding and scholarships for African clients pursuing undergraduate and graduate studies in top universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. Their services include advisory on test preparation, curation of school list, and guidance through the application, scholarship, interview, and visa processes.
Salary is negotiable between N1.8m and N2.76m per annum (including benefits). Please read additional requirements on the Job Description section before applying. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of 2 years related experience is required. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to email@example.com, and ensure you make your email subject ‘Educational Advisor 01.’
In addition to job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist international students with finding, processing and securing scholarships for their undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Provide academic advice and counseling services to prospective students and evaluate their academic history, test scores and work experience.
- Provide accurate information to students who want to study abroad, answer questions and conduct follow up to increase admission rate.
- Edit and proofread application documents such as CVs, personal statements, and video scripts
- Carry out mock visa interviews with immediate feedback to prepare students for their student visa and scholarship interviews.
- Work collaboratively with school management both locally and internationally to develop strategies to enhance student recruitment, retention and success.
- Attend and make presentations on studying abroad at educational fairs and information sessions.
- Organize and facilitate events and workshops both virtually and in-person
- Create content for promotional videos, materials, training, and social media posts to promote the organization’s services and achievements to prospective international students and partners and promote studying abroad.
- Assist in the organization’s growth and identify potential partners that are aligned with our mission and foster relationships with key stakeholders.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills – verbal and written communication skills and English Proficiency
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and tech-savvy
- Excellent analytical thinking and the ability to use logic to solve work-related issues
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent leadership qualities and great attention to detail
- Professional discretion and confidentiality
- Flexible and able to adjust to changes
- Expert problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to multitask
- Great research skills and a proactive approach to their work and responsibilities
- Experience and knowledge of social media marketing and platforms
- Any sales or marketing experience is an asset
- Knowledge and interest in international education, travel, or cultural exploration is a bonus.
- Fair wage compensation with bonuses linked to successful partnerships.
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment where work-life balance is encouraged.
- A dynamic role with exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and traveling opportunities
- Various opportunities for formal training and personal development.
- A chance to work in a supportive environment where there is the opportunity to grow your responsibilities and career as we grow our scale.
- A person who studied overseas preferably in 1 of the top international students’ countries (Canada, the UK, Australia, or the US) and who is between the ages of 23-31
- Someone who has an English degree or certificate and experience as an editor or writer
- Has experience working in a small team and a fast-growing startup