- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating engineering software and equipment.
- Ability to design electrical systems from concept through completion
- Conferring with engineers and others to discuss existing or potential construction projects.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings and designs
- Establishing construction installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations for electrical installation.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Supervising or training project team members.