- Repair and maintain machinery
- Devise preventative measures to avoid machine downtime
- They are also responsible for devising safety plans that comply with workplace safety laws.
- Troubleshoot electrical controls
- Analyze machine test results and make adjustments to meet company specifications
- Assisting the mechanical engineer with mechanical design and maintenance tasks.
- Installing and performing diagnostic tests on mechanical systems.
- Developing and implementing mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
- Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as performing repairs.
- Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Optimizing mechanical efficiency by adjusting machinery and equipment settings.
- Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in science, or a related field is essential.
- Minimum of 3-5 years cognate experience in Manufacturing,