DelonJobs is helping a leading Fintech in Nigeria hire an Engineering Programme Manager to Initiate and direct the governance and delivery of a programme and portfolios (group of significant projects) within Engineering, using an appropriate programme management methodology to give assurance that intended outcomes are identified and achieved. Candidate must posses a University Post Graduate Degree in Business, Finance or Technology related field with at least, 10 years’ wide and deep expert experience in IT project and programme management, preferable using Agile methodology and 5 years’ payments industry experience with a demonstrated understanding of payments technology solutions that span mobile, e-commerce, processing and physical terminal acceptance preferred. Successful candidate will report to the Chief Software Architect (Engineering). Salary is between 7-12M per annum. Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org and make “Engineering Programme Manager – EPMIN211” the title.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
Programme and Portfolio Management
- Initiate and direct the governance and delivery of a programme and portfolios (group of significant projects) within Engineering, using an appropriate programme management methodology to give assurance that intended outcomes are identified and achieved.
- Direct the planning and delivery of a wide range of information gathering and stakeholder consultation activities and specify, negotiate and agree on programme and project deliverables ensuring integration across the programme and portfolios. Direct software programmes definition, and translate programme plan into activities in accordance with the company’s mission and strategic objectives.
Programme and Portfolio Risk and Issue Management
- Direct the management of risks, issues, dependencies, and constraints at programme level. Where risks or issues threaten delivery of the programme, develop and agree recovery plans.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities within the programme and portfolio teams and ensure compliance with the company’s-wider programme management decision making structures and processes.
- Anticipate potential challenges and hindrances during implementation of software programme and deploy mitigation measures in alignment with Team Leads, Engineering Function Heads, and Senior Project Managers.
- Submit monthly progress reports to Chief Software Architect, align on incoming projects and agree accordingly on resource allocation and budget estimations to prevent financial and capital discrepancies.
- Oversee the progress of software programme against assessment framework, and identify areas for improvement; communicate improvement opportunities with Senior Project Managers and lead execution.
Programme and Portfolio Team Management
- Direct large Programme and multiple small to medium portfolio / projects teams.
- Define the programme and portfolio vision and communicate the outcomes needed along with guidance to achieve outcome, coordinate team actions across programme / portfolio activities.
- Coordinate flow of additional team members on and off the team as needed and builds the capability of the team through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Formulate workforce planning reports and budget, including but not limited to setting performance objectives, monitoring performance, delivering constructive feedback, providing training, coaching and mentoring, identifying talent for pivotal roles from a succession management standpoint, and giving ad-hoc advice when necessary.
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement plans for programme and portfolios to identify relevant stakeholders, to develop positive stakeholder relationships, and to ensure that each stakeholder has an appropriate share of voice.
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders (i.e. group marketing and communications) to align on and leverage software marketing material.
Programme and Portfolio Resource Management
- Negotiate and manage deployment of programme and portfolio project resource budgets, providing forecasts and presenting variances with narrative at appropriate review points to ensure effective utilisation.
- Drive the development of software and testing plans, and align with team Leads and Heads on projects in pipeline, to maintain alignment across all functions.
- Assign operations budget and resources for software development programme and secure the buy-in of the Chief Software Architect.
Programme and Portfolio Planning
- Direct the production of and approve programme and portfolio plans, ensuring that all activities are identified, appropriately organised to deliver programme and portfolio objectives, comply with the Interswitch’s project and programme management framework, and comply with the company’s wider governance structure and processes.
- Develop and manage the delivery of a plan to evaluate and track business benefits and to identify actions needed to maximise these.