- Dig and plant seeds or transplant seedlings by hand.
- Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
- Identify plants, pests and weeds to determine selection and application of pesticides and fertilisers.
- Inform supervisors or farm managers of crop progress.
- Load agricultural products into pick-ups or wheelbarrows and deliver produce to market or storage facilities
- Cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
- Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage and post-harvest treatment of crops.