1. Financial management and accounting for the WCS Chad Program (tracking and projecting spending by projects and funding agencies, accounting, internal project audits).
2. Monitor overall budget management with regular updates on expenditures and availability of funds to NY, Sudano Sahel Region and the project managers/directors and administrators.
3. Ensure all project financial activities are in compliance with donor requirements.
4. Work with project managers/directors to generate financial reports and donor reports.
5. Train the Project Managers, Admin, and Finance staff on WCS procedures and donor’s requirement including budgeting process
6. Develop with project managers/directors and the WCS-Sudano Sahel office, budget proposals for potential donors.
7. Assure timely accounting and reporting on all country project expenditures.
8. Oversee the coordination of logistics at the country office and liaise between the country office and the projects.
9. Work with the Country Director to develop project budget and annual budget proposals for the country office and submit them to WCS-Sudano Sahel regional office and New York for review and approval
10. Coordinate with Financial Directors in Cameroon and CAR to ensure smooth management of transboundary grants.
11. Monitor bank transfers, banking activities, advances and expenditures in coordination with WCS-NY.
12. Management of in-country revenue sources and receivables.
13. Ensure the proper financial and administrative management of project infrastructure, i.e. leases/rent, insurance policies, registration (vehicles, housing, office, boats, etc.). Review purchasing process.
14. Assist in recruiting, training, and managing of administrative staff for the country office.
15. Staff administration: establishing staff contracts, worker’s compensation and medical benefits, payroll, vacation and work schedules in adherence with country program guidelines and following the national labor laws.
16. Review, track, and reconcile staff and consultant cash advances according to policies
Develop procurement solicitations and recommendations for potential providers of needed goods and services in accordance with WCS procedures and donor requirements