1. Carrying out surveys on given areas to determine the existing infrastructure and suitability for both aerial and underground fiber connections.
2. Interpreting output from mobile mapping surveys then accurately utilizing these data sources in the design process in order to produce accurate designs.
3. Production of both Low level and High Level designs for fiber optic cable routes and splicing details at the various closures, splitters, FDTs, FATs and ODFs.
4. Production of Bill of quantities and quotations for FTTX Projects.
5. Survey and design of fiber backbone, metro links, rehabilitation, relocation or permanent fix for ICTA(Nofbi), Liquid Telecom & Safaricom.
6. Maintain detailed network documentation including topology, installation, build plans and equipment design.
7. Drive discussions with network infrastructure providers to acquire route data and analysis of alternatives.
8. Efficiently use planning and design software such as Auto Cad, GPS, Connect Master and Google Earth Maps to produce accurate plans and designs.