Our Client; a reputable FMCG firm is looking to fill the role of FOOD TECHNOLOGIST-PASTA LAB (BAKERY-Bread Improvement and Preservative, Speciality products, Fats & Oil, Tailor made mixes)
Job Location: LAGOS
• Develops new products leveraging expertise in food chemistry, food ingredient functionality and experimental design
• Manages and oversees R&grin technical functions such as sensory, shelf-life testing, legal label claims, product/packaging improvement
• Manages and develops scientific approaches to business needs in areas of flavor and microbial shelf life
• Provides product costs based on commodities, ingredients, and product formulations
• Responsible for sourcing ingredients and leveraging vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
• Develop and maintain product specification, ingredient statements, allergen information and formulas for seasoning blends; then incorporate respective information into the label design process as needed
• Participates in production trials and works with new product start-ups- ensure products are made to spec.
• Works with production personnel on scale up of new products, suggests initial order quantities for ingredients and packaging, obtain cost of materials
• Provides support on technical and / or quality issues
• Act as a technical resource to support quality issues, answer questions about products, production capabilities, labeling regulations
• Present new products to customers; often involves cooked preparation of multiple items or full meals
• General awareness of NAFDAC regulations, restricted / limited ingredients and approved processing procedures
• Optimizes cost / quality and process improvements contributing to increased product quality and profitability for the business
• Designs tests, interpret results and recommend next steps in product development
• Assists QA / QC in the analysis of product that generates customer complaints
• Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Food Science and Technology is a MUST.
• Minimum of 5 years Cognate Experience years as a FOOD TECHNOLOGIST in a BAKERY
• Ability to work in accordance with safety and food safety policies.
• MUST reside in LAGOS
• Intermediate ability in Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel
Note: only qualified candidates will be shortlisted. Interested candidates should forward their CV ‘MS WORD FORMAT’ to Lizzy.firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘FD PASTA LAB’ as mail subject