- The GBV Case Worker Supervisor will be responsible for the overall supervision of case management services and other response activities implemented as part of the GBV program in Borno state
- Case Workers will directly report to the Case Workers Supervisor.
- Under the supervision of the GBV Coordinator, provide technical oversight and capacity-building through training, mentorship and on-the-job support for case workers on case management and referrals
- Work closely with the GBV Coordinator to understand program goals and to meet expectations.
- Supervise case management of Gender Based Violence incidences and ensure proper documentation, assessment, case plan implementation, follow up and information management of all GBV cases in line with GBVIMS+.
- Organize weekly case management meetings with case workers and support staff in managing critical/complex cases.Represent IMC GBV program in case conference meetings with other service providers (Health, safety & security, protection, legal, etc.) and share experiences in managing critical cases.
- Contribute to the development of monthly outreach plans with other staff and community volunteers based on GBV case trends and ongoing needs of women and girls.
- Ensure community outreach on services available to GBV survivors.
- Contribute to proposal development activities (narrative and budget) through the provision of information and data on community feedback on ongoing projects and assessment of emerging needs.
- Contribute to the development of referral pathways to ensure a community perspective is included. Ensure referral pathways are shared and understood within the community.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Document and share relevant information that will inform the development of case studies and or success stories of the program.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationship with other partners in the field to promote holistic approach to GBV case management.
- Participate in GBVIMS taskforce working meetings and share written minutes with the GBV Coordinator
HR Management & Administration:
- Supervise and mentor GBV Case Workers
- Support the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of GBV Case Workers
- Coordinate and oversee vacation schedules ensuring that leave schedules do not overlap.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Provide regular performance feedback to staff and where necessary work with Human Resources to document staff performance issues and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Ensure timely submission of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports in collaboration with Case Workers and the Monitoring and Evaluation team
- Contribute to donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on activities, indicators and achievements.
- Complete and share GBV data via GBVIMS tools and submit to the GBV Coordinator.
- Plan procurement of case management supplies to ensure smooth and timely implementation of activities.
- Ensure that receipts are submitted in a timely manner and are properly and completely filled out with as much supporting documentation as possible.
- Refrain from making false promises and commitments to the beneficiaries and work in the best interest of the IMC GBV Program.
- Foster a team spirit among GBV staff that is conducive to all staff improving their skills and knowledge base.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the IMC / GBV program.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standardsConducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications & Experiences
- University Degree in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, etc.Two to three years of experience in GBV case management including providing psychosocial counselling for survivors of Gender Based Violence.
- Clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Strong background of human rights and familiarity with practical challenges faced by displaced and other vulnerable persons.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times.
- Experience conducting assessments and a willingness to help plan assessments;Interest in building staff capacity through trainings, coaching, mentoring, etc.;
- Ability and willingness to work during irregular working hours when needed
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) Hausa and Kanuri is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff and other stakeholders.