- The Finance Intern will contribute to maintaining adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for the generation of financial reports.
- S/he will be responsible for the timely processing of funds for programme activities for AAN and contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of ActionAid Nigeria (AAN).
- The Intern position is an opportunity offered by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) for young graduates to earn a post NYSC experience.
- It is therefore both a learning and value-adding relationship between interns and AAN.
- The intern is expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering, self-development while providing quality service to ActionAid Nigeria.
- This is a standard 1-year programme and non-renewable upon expiry.
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in Accounting / Finance is essential
- Student Membership of ICAN is desirable
- At least 1-2 years post NYSC experience, one (1) of which should have been spent on a finance position is essential
- Experience in supporting the implementation of financial control systems is essential
- Practical Knowledge of an accounting software EXCEL, WORD is essential
Skill / Abilities:
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills.