Delon Jobs is helping a leading FINTECH company in Africa to hire Head, Infrastructure Engineering – HIEIN211, who will be responsible for providing leadership and for development and implementation of IT infrastructure initiatives in Technology. Salary range is N14m and N23m. if you are interested and your profile matches the job requirement, please send your cv to email@example.com with the subject HIEIN211. Please kindly go through the other job requirements below.
- Strategy & Planning
- Be a culture change agent who has lived with the most modern engineering practices and seeks them out.
- Define and build development infrastructure platform processes which enhance consistency and efficiency of engineering teams’software development practices.
- Lead the automation of infrastructure deployment by implementing infrastructure as code. We should no longer create ‘environments’manually.
- Lead the integration of IT security into the full life cycle of the apps. We should no longer need to ‘patch’ our servers.
- Lead the migration to public cloud for software applications where this makes it makes the most sense to benefit from the features and power of the public cloud
- Develop and drive a technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile design and test methodology, flexible teaming, knowledge sharing and talent transformation. Especially changing engineering and technology mindset to building for the cloud.
- Lead, support and provide guidance for any digital transformation initiative that helps to empower our employees.
- Lead, support and provide guidance for any digital transformation initiative that helps to better engage our customers. Think delivery of support through messaging apps and bots
- Lead and provide guidance for our data strategy and governance while leveraging our big data platform and related technologies
- Operational Management
- Continually monitors technology trends and proposes how these new approaches can be used to optimize technology operations
- Lead the research, prototyping and productization of new concepts within the digital transformation team
- Communicate the technical and infrastructure vision with the development team and collaborate to ensure top-quality execution across all teams
- Analyze and improve the software quality, including scalability, stability and security by automating build pipelines and integrating security into the DevOps process
- Provide proof-of-concept, yet production-grade infrastructure and automation code prototypes that set examples to the broader team regarding new technologies or design patterns.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with 6 years of experience leading multi-discipline technical teams across multiple service types, ideally in payment and core technology environments.
- A minimum of 6 years as software architect, especially for a large and complex software project.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience delivering data and analytics solutions which address internal/external customer challenges, including architecting as-a-service models
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the development and deployment of modern machine learning, as well as experience driving and executing cloud and digital technology strategies.
- Experience building and supporting complex, high-concurrency SaaS products, from the lead developer or architect role.
- In-depth knowledge of various database technology including relational databases, real-time databases and NoSQL databases.
- Experience developing for and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience creating automated software development build pipelines
- In-depth knowledge with various techniques and tools for implementing infrastructure-as-code and automations such as Ansible, Terraform and Chef.
- Experience with the popular public clouds such as AWS and Azure.