DelonJobs is seeking to hire an Internal Control and Audit for a leading insurance company in Nigeria(expected grade: Controller) to establish and monitor internal controls as well as developing and implementing audit framework to ensure the protection of the company’s asset. Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of 2nd class lower), Chartered Accountant, currently reside in Lagos, must possess a minimum of 8 to 10 years of internal audit experience in a similar organisation application or external audit experience preferably in a big four firm. Leadership experience supervising and managing professional staffs will be an added advantage. Salary is N16m per annum. Interested candidates should send their CVs with the job tile and code (Head of Internal Audit and Control – HIACI211) as the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibility
- Ensure that the company has adequate, cost effective, and well documented internal controls.
- Direct and control the current to medium and short-term strategies of the unit to achieve the Company’s objectives.
- Establish internal audit framework within which adequacy/quality/adherence to company-wide internal control procedures can be assessed
- Ensure periodic checks on processes, inventories and company assets and accounts.
- Flag any identified or potential violations to operational policies/procedures and make recommendations on appropriate preventive/remedial action.
- Ensure that work guide and references pertaining to functions of the unit comply with requirements of relevant statutory authorities.
- Work with Directorate/Divisional/Unit Heads to ensure implementation of standard controls and up to date operational policies and procedures-Develop subordinates and monitor their performance in order to enhance their abilities and audit management skills.
- Arrange and oversee assessment of risks and controls relating to day to day operational activities.
- Ensure effective coverage of branches and head office functions and timely control programs to forestall internal control lapses.
- Develop subordinates and monitor their performance in order to enhance their abilities and audit management skills.
- Participate in policies, procedures and programs formulation.
- Liaise with the company’s external auditors during routine and special audits.
- Liaise with regulators on special or routine examination.
- Evaluate operational performance and facilities of the unit to ensure that they meet best standards of professionalism and quality.
- Provide internal audit budgets and other inputs into the company’s strategic planning process.
- Review the organization’s risk management framework to ensure its operations are in line with plan.
- Review existing controls and practices for effectiveness and adequacy to ensure they are in line with best practice.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive, Resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.