JOB SUMMARY:Delon Jobs is helping an insurance company in Nigeria to hire Head of Internal Control & Audit. The role is responsible for establishing and monitoring companywide internal controls to ensure the protection of the company’s assets. Gross salary is between N18m to N20m. Please read additional requirements below before applying. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to email@example.com, and ensure you make your email subject ‘Head of Internal Control & Audit 2020-01.’
JOB DESCRIPTION:In addition to job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information: Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the company has adequate, cost effective, and well documented internal control policies
- Directs and controls the current to medium and short-term strategies of the unit to achieve the Company’s objectives
- Establishes internal audit framework within which adequacy/quality/adherence to company-wide internal control procedures can be assessed
- Ensures periodic checks on processes, inventories and company assets and accounts
- Flags any identified or potential violations to operational policies/procedures and makes recommendations on appropriate preventive/remedial action
- Ensures that work guides and references pertaining to functions of the unit complies with the requirements of relevant statutory authorities
- Works with Directorate/Divisional/Unit Heads to ensure implementation of standard controls and up to date operational policies and procedures
- Develops subordinates and monitors their performance in order to enhance their abilities and audit management skills
- Arranges and oversees assessment of risks and controls relating to day to day operational activities
- Ensures effective coverage of branches and head office functions and timely control programs to forestall internal control lapses
- Participates in policies, procedures and programs formulation
- Liaises with the company’s external auditors during routine and special audits
- Liaises with regulators on special or routine examination
- Evaluates operational performance and facilities of the unit to ensure that they meet best standards of professionalism and quality
- Prepares internal audit budgets and other inputs into the company’s strategic planning process
- Reviews the organisation’s risk management framework to ensure its operations are in line with plan
- Reviews existing controls and practices for effectiveness and adequacy to ensure they are in line with best practice.
Required Competencies Knowledge/Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum of 2nd Class Lower)
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- 10-15 years of internal audit experience in a similar organization or external audit experience preferably in a Big four firm
- Leadership experience supervising and managing professional staff.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.