Head of Digital and Technology- HDT221
- Create specifications and keep budgets for the required IT gear to enable the organization’s goals of EMOWAA to be effectively carried out.
- Determine and prioritize the necessary software to fulfill the general objectives of EMOWAA and the requirements of specialized digital initiatives.
- Manage the purchase of hardware and software, making sure to get the best deal possible when negotiating with vendors based on EMOWAA’s charitable status.
- Maintain a constant program of hardware and software maintenance, upgrades, and licensing to make that EMOWAA stays at the forefront of digital capability.
- For all EMOWAA IT users, an effective and efficient IT support system was built.
- oversee the daily operations of the EMOWAA’s digital program, which includes a virtual collection, a digital library, and a mapping facility.
- Create a core group of IT/data experts who can provide line management,
- Ensure databases created for individual projects and in EMOWAA’s core operations are designed in accordance with the needs of users and of long-term data access
- Develop sustainable digital archives, factoring in the long-term management, preservation and accessibility of EMOWAA’s digital data
- Identify partner institutions that can support these aims and, were appropriate, to develop collaborative relationships and projects.