We are interested in engaging an agile, smart and qualified individual to head our finance department. The successful candidate would be responsible for:
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the work and development of staff members;
- Maintaining accurate books, records and schedules of all accounts.
- Preparation of periodic financials reports
- Coordinate finance and accounts functions across locations;
- Prepare for and review annual audit work papers and ensure adjustments journals are passed to agree company’s books and records with the audited financial statements;
- Work with internal and external auditors during field work exercise and in the preparation of annual audited financial statements.
- Monthly review of bank reconciliations, loan schedules, etc.
- Manage all intercompany transactions and ensure reconciliation
- Managing all finance and accounting operations
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances;
- Maintain quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Continuously update, review and document the Company’s financial policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA) REQUIRED
- Good working knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles; practices, accounts payable and receivable management, financial management and financial reporting;
- Proven working experience as Head of Finance & Accounts;
- Experience in preparing accurate and thorough Financial Reports and related schedule in line with established deadlines;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Effective oral and written communications, interpersonal and planning skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point and Financial Application;
- Good organizational skill and ability to manage documentations and make past and future documentations accessible;
- Strong management skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, processes and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- First degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or related fields from a reputable university/polytechnic.
- Additional qualification will be added advantage
- Up to 5 years overall combined accounting and finance experience,
- Membership of a recognized Accounting Professional body.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.