Delon Jobs is helping an insurance company in Nigeria to hire Head of Retail Sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and implementing sales and product development programs targeted towards existing and new markets/ customers while driving growth and profitability of the business through production targets and exceptional customer service. Gross salary is between N15m to N17m. Please read additional requirements below before applying. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and ensure you make your email subject ‘Head of Retail Sales 01’
In addition to job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive achievement of sales targets within assigned territories/locations/Agency offices/branches.
- Build and maintain strong, long lasting Agency force in line with our strategic growth plan.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budget.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy for our traditional life products to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Ensure effective control of sales/marketing results and put in place corrective measures to guarantee that achievement of sales/marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Guide preparation of sales activities report and present to the Executive Director.
- Establish and maintain relationships with strategic partners.
- Conduct and evaluate market research and adjust as necessary to meet changing competitive conditions.
- Review the company’s sales & marketing strategy to evaluate its adequacy.
- Partner with the Regional Sales Managers in the development of key customer relationships.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volumes, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Conduct business review meetings with subordinates and provide regular updates/reports for management attention
- Direct market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sale territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represent Company at trade association meeting to promote all our flagship products
Required Competencies Knowledge/Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum of 2nd Class Lower)
- Relevant Professional certification
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in insurance sales for Life Assurance business
- Experience supervising and managing professional staff.
- Experience in agency management is a plus.
- Knowledge of the marketing techniques and regulations guiding financial institutions especially Insurance Industry
- Excellent data mining and analytical skills
- Excellent Presentation and organizational skills
- Proactive, Resourceful and hands-on
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive, Resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Excellent at executing business plans and innovation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.