- Ensure proper assessment / review and effective monitoring of credit facilities to maximize performance and minimize customer default.
- Manage the design and implementation of policies and procedures to effectively identify, mitigate and monitor principal business risks arising from the company’s business direction and strategic environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of the enterprise risk management framework and policies.
- Coordinate the articulation and implementation of company-wide credit strategies/policies and manage
- Define the company’s risk management strategy, enterprise risk management framework and establish guidelines for the development and implementation of supporting policies and procedures.
- bank-wide credit portfolio.
- Maintain regular updates on trends and advances in global risk management and ensure the knowledge and relevant information is communicated to business managers within and outside the department.
- Continuously review / assess the risks facing the company in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism / frameworks.
- Recommend amendments to framework and policies and champion the implementation of approved amendments.
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk positions and provide advice on possible resolutions of critical issues.
- Coordinate reviews of prospective clients, analyze credit risks on an industry, client and transaction basis to reduce the company’s overall credit exposure.
- Ensure the company’s risk assets are properly classified, recorded, monitored and are backed by appropriately valued collateral / securities.
- Coordinate the design and development of control frameworks for the company’s processes and systems.
- Oversee the standardization of control processes and practices, as well as application of relevant control tools and techniques within the company.
- Ensure overall process compliance with established policies and controls as well as regulatory / statutory stipulations and guidelines.
- Provide input and be proactively involved in the development of the business continuity plan.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Review and authorize key expenditures and transactions in line with the approved budget and authority limit.
- Review departmental performance and conduct performance appraisal of unit heads.
- Prepare and submit monthly activity and performance reports to the MD / CEO
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the MD / CEO
- First degree in or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Banking or other Finance related discipline.
- Professional accounting certification, (e.g ACA, ACCA) or other relevant higher business degrees.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years cognate experience with at least four (4) years risk management experience at the managerial level.
- Proven experience in Enterprise Risk Management, including sound knowledge of contemporary banking regulations and standards, such as Basle Accord, Sustainability Banking as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and their application in achieving the objectives of the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make presentations to Management / Board and other stakeholders as may be required.
- Significant understanding of the operations of an Export Credit Agency.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willingness to work extra hours where required in order to achieve the company’s objectives.
- General understanding of the objectives and purpose of a development finance institution.