- Evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs.
- Planning, developing and implementing the IT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Researching and installing new systems.
- Ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision.
- Ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to.
- Providing secure access to the network for remote users.
- Ensuring the security of data from internal and external attack.
- Providing users with appropriate support and advice.
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Mentoring and training new IT support staff.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Applicants must have a good University Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
Applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Computer troubleshooting
- Computer viruses and security
- E-mail and internet programs.