Information Technology Officer – ITO222
- Install and configure computer hardware, software and networks as required.
- Assist with maintenance of website, intranet, new media, telecoms systems and servers.
- Investigate, diagnose and solve software and hardware faults including performing preventive maintenance on IT hardware.
- Assess and improve systems in terms of scalability, reliability and security.
- Implement cybersecurity plans that protect confidentiality and guarantee integrity and availability of information to all users.
- Effectively monitor, escalate and manage security risks.
- Create accounts for staff and respond to IT support requests in a timely manner.
- Work as part of a team to develop new initiatives and participate on projects including research and development activities related to ICT.
- Support the organisation’s data management system in line with best practices.
- Monitor and ensure timely renewal of subscription for IT-related products and services to avoid disruption to business operations.
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors and supervise IT-related outsourced services as directed.
- Maintain ICT hardware inventory to account for all hardware assigned to end users.
- Ensure that all information systems operate in compliance with internal and legal requirements.