- We are searching for a detail-oriented IT supervisor to join our excellent team.
- The IT supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising staff while they complete repairs and installations, providing training to new recruits, scrutinizing existing processes, writing reports, developing work schedules, and delegating tasks.
- One who would lead our team of IT professionals and help ensure that our department is running smoothly and efficiently.
- In this role, he or she will be responsible for overseeing the work of our IT staff, coordinating projects, and ensuring that our department is providing quality service to our customers.
- He or She is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and control over a team of computer and other technical professionals, ensuring the team meets its goals and objectives, providing necessary direction to project managers, analysts, and developers for successful project completion, also responsible for participating in project and program planning, gathering requirements, and determining project cost, responsible for monitoring and controlling resources to ensure project objectives and policies are followed, able to develop optimization strategies and provide excellent customer service.
- If you have experience leading a team of IT professionals and are passionate about helping others, then we want to hear from you.
- Define and implement the digital transformation roadmap.
- Implement a data management and analytics to enable businesses with data-driven decisions.
- Manage crisis (BCP/DRP).
- Implement and follow IT best practices (business applications, infra, support)
- Manage a team of people and lead by influencing other team members: project teams, product teams, research and analytics, infrastructure, end-users technical support;
- Plan and control the budget
- Ensure high availability of local digital systems and services;
- Ensure a high level of user satisfaction with the quality of technical support;
- Ensure cybersecurity threads monitoring and mitigation;
- Follow and adapt to IT-related legislation
- Manage the IT Department by coordinating internal staff, consulting resources, and outside vendors
- Research new IT technologies to determine feasibility and impact
- Develop and implement strategic plans for IT maintenance, improvements, and upgrades
- Conduct regular audits of computer systems, networks, vendors, and other external resources
- Establish and manage IT policies and procedures
- Research potential IT vendor alternatives, propose solutions, and manage contract negotiations
- Research and implement new technology applications
- Train staff on new technologies
- Manage IT vendor relationships
- Manage IT suppliers and related contracts
- Ensure compliance with the global LDC policies, processes, and standards related to IT;
- Coordinate & support global/regional projects and initiatives on the local level;
- Provide transparency of local operations to the regional & global stakeholders (DT&A & business).
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc / M.Sc Degree.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in IT and Management role.
- "Compulsory and Mandatory" knowledge of Web Developing, Graphics Design, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop
- MSC, BSC in Computer Science, IT or similar discipline, with relevant licenses and professional certifications.
- Practical experience installing and maintaining systems is recommended.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong Windows OS skills;
- Understanding of basic networking (IP Addressing basics, subnetting, DHCP, Cat6 cabling, wifi configuration).
- Experience with Google G Suite and Microsoft Active Directory.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter documents (stating explicitly how they meet these stated criteria) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail