Internal Control Officer – ICO221
- Verify and record goods to be transferred/loaded from the:
- Processing plant to the cold storage room on a daily basis.
- Cold storage room into the truck/vehicles on a daily basis.
- Items purchased by the procurement unit at all time.
- Conduct the following activities on a periodic basis:
- Price verification/market survey including keeping data bank of price lists.
- Unannounced cash count with the petty cash officer.
- Stock count exercise.
- Post-payment audit on payment vouchers.
- Prepare and send monthly report to the Head of Internal Audit for review and requisite action.
- Monitor reconciliation of stock position in accounts department with that of the store keeper.
- Conduct audit check of on the following:
- Prepayments and accruals to ensure compliance.
- Trade debtors and creditors ledgers.
- Sales control account.
- Asset/scrap disposal bidding process.
- Wages Payroll.
- Suggest to the Head of Internal Audit relevant controls that would help in militating against identified risks or gap in the process flow.
- Document and prepare reports on identified control issues discovered in the course of the vetting process and how they were resolved.
- Monitor daily reconciliation of goods received and sold at retail outlet.
- Periodic review of the following activities, process, or information;
- Vendor creation, customer creation (Agreements), credit setting for customers.
- Capex project briefs and compliance with procedures.
- Bank Reconciliation Statements of all company’s Accounts.
- Ensure adherence to the credit control (Receivables, staff float outstanding) policy.
- And any other functions that may be assigned from time to time by the management towards the attainment of organizational goal.