Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the hotel's Voice (telephone), MATV(DSTV), CCTV, PA(Public address) Systems.
- Responsible for all the systems backups, archiving and disaster recovery; and provides expert support on all IT related issues.
- Manages and develops the hotel’s data (internet) systems.
- Must be familiar with all hardware; software and network operating system.
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system.
- Programs the room rates on the display monitor at the reception and the totem signage at the front gate of the hotel.
- Acts as a support person for Opera and Micros and liaises with the Opera and Micros consultants if there is a problem.
- Oversees the programming of all TVs.
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance.
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status.
- Changing of the hotel’s Internet password twice a month.
- In charge of the audio- visual system, telephones and the conference monitor during conferences.
- HND / B.Sc in Computer Science / Engineering or Information Technology or in any other related field.
- At least 2 years experience in IT in any leading hotel or organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player, self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Capability of dealing with crisis or emergency situations effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Skills and Knowledge:
The IT Administratormust demonstrate the following skills:
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal, written, presentation and listening communications skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Computer viruses and security.
The position comes with attractive remuneration and company benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.