- As the demand for our services has grown, we are looking to hire an Applications Support Specialist to support our expanding digital infrastructure. This role supports the online systems and applications that underpin the operation of the organization. Internally, this position supports the IT needs of employees and students by maintaining existing systems and infrastructure. Externally, it drives the identification and deployment of emerging digital technologies to facilitate our training and tutorial activities.
- Successful candidates will be expected to have prior experience in an applications support or web administrator role (preferably in an educational or tutorial establishment).
- He/she will be expected to bring first-hand knowledge of the IT systems (LMS, SMS and synchronous tutorial platforms) used in an online educational enterprise. Facility with the LAMP stack will be vital in this role.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all of the following:
- First-hand experience supporting or managing the IT function in an organization.
- Ability to drive the internal functions as well as interface effectively and seamlessly with external vendors and application developers as needed.
- Ability to support the staff in the organization to ensure seamless use of the digital infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to support a geographically disperse (virtual) team would be a significant advantage.
- Access to reliable broadband internet connectivity and a functioning laptop or desktop to enable effective operation.
- Prior (or current) experience as a teacher, instructor, or practice supervisor/manager would be advantageous.
- Prior experience teaching or learning using an online platform. (This would be very helpful.)
- Space from which to work daily, free of distraction or intrusion.