- Responsible for planning, implementing, administering, and ensuring that the organization’s local and wide area networks provide users with the highest possible uptime.
- Designing and putting into practice fresh network strategies and/or enhancing the effectiveness of present networks.
- Installing, setting up, and maintaining network hardware, such as routers, switches, proxy servers, WAN accelerators, DNS, and DHCP.
- Maximizing network security and efficiency by configuring firewalls, routing.
- Business analysts, network architects, and IT managers are frequently in direct contact with network engineers. As a result, a network engineer job description could include:
- Acquiring network hardware and overseeing the network installation’s subcontractors.
- Continuous monitoring and troubleshooting to optimize network performance.
- Setting up planned upgrades.
- The examination of network flaws.
- Updating network hardware to the most recent firmware revisions.
- Updating key stakeholders on network status.
N120,000 – N150,000 monthly.